*Please visit www.jewishjobs.com to apply for the positions below*
Ahavath Achim Synagogue is an 850+ household Conservative congregation in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. The congregation seeks an Education Director who is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality education programs for children, teens, and families. This position will lead robust Jewish education through development and implementation of an innovative curriculum and programs that ensure developmentally appropriate education for all children and families affiliated with the synagogue.
This position will oversee the development and implementation of curriculum and programs for the school of religious education (called Kesher@AA) as well as supervise and manage the Program Associate and Youth Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Serve as a senior staff member and recognized expert in Jewish education
• Manage administrative responsibilities associated with religious school (budget, payroll, staffing, enrollment/registration, professional development, etc.)
• Design, plan, and implement a religious school curriculum as well as Shabbat and Holiday programming for children and families.
• Oversee, supervise, and teach an innovative, leveled Hebrew program.
• Oversee the implementation of a multi-year pre B’nai mitzvah family education initiative. This includes assisting children in the development of meaningful Mitzvah Projects.
• Manage post B’nai mitzvah education programs.
• Interact and collaborate with the Education Committee, professional staff, and volunteers to foster quality interactions with students, parents, congregants, and others affiliated with the synagogue.
• Collaborate with Ahava Early Learning Center (pre-school) staff to nurture current and graduating children into the Kesher@AA program.
• Develop and implement opportunities for parental engagement (either parallel or in conjunction with childhood learning)
• Provide support and assistance to the Youth Director for program development and implementation.
• Oversee marketing activities that include brand management, target marketing, and social media.
• Serve on local and national Jewish education committees, councils, and organizations
• Comply with and foster the values of the Conservative movement
Must possess a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to Rabbinical or Jewish education appropriate to the work of the position.
• Bachelor’s (required) or master’s degree (preferred) with significant Judaic and educational experience
• Competent Hebrew skills
• Competent knowledge of traditional prayers and rituals in the Conservative movement
• Teaching experience (3 years minimum required)
• Supervision and management experience of teachers and professional staff (preferred)
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, database management platforms and other relevant software appropriate to job duties
• Demonstrated teamwork, innovation, and leadership success
A suitable candidate will continue to enrich the congregation’s culture of Jewish learning, increase Jewish literacy, and develop diverse educational opportunities amongst children, teens, and families affiliated with the synagogue. An ideal candidate will be skilled and comfortable at building strong, caring relationships with youth and parents to foster our congregation’s mission of a Kehilah Kedoshah.
Compensation and Benefits
Ahavath Achim Synagogue offers a competitive compensation package, which includes benefits. Ahavath Achim Synagogue is a non-profit equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Atlanta, GA.