- This event has passed.
August 5 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Do the mitzvah of donating blood at Ahavath Achim Synagogue’s quarterly Blood Drive! AA has been a proud co-sponsor and host of the Blood Drive for more than 40 years. It’s time to bring in new, first time donors. If that’s you, please read the points below about the importance of donating blood, and consider joining us on August 5!
To schedule an appointment, go to www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code JWV – you will be taken directly to the Ahavath Achim Blood Drive where you can schedule your appointment. For more information, contact Gail Solomon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404.351.1900.
The quarterly Blood Drive is sponsored by Jewish War Veterans of the U.S.A. Post 112, Fulton Masonic Lodge, and Ahavath Achim Synagogue. It is co-sponsored by Congregation Shearith Israel and Congregation Or VeShalom.
Things to know about donating blood:
- There is no substitute for human blood.
- Every day brings advances in life-saving techniques – many of which require blood or blood products.
- Blood products cannot be stored indefinitely.
- Because blood may be needed at any time, it must be collected regularly.
- No one expects to need blood, however, if it is not available when the need arises, the consequences can be fatal.
- Those who donate can tell you there is no better feeling than saving a life.
- Only about 5% of those eligible to donate actually donate blood. That is why regular donors, those who donate 3 to 4 times per year are so important.
- August 5
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Social Action